• The COVID-19 Corona virus spreads from person to person in close proximity, similar to other respiratory illnesses, such as the flu.
• Droplets of bodily fluids – such as saliva or mucus – from an infected person are dispersed in the air or on surfaces by coughing or sneezing.
• According to scientists, coughs and sneezes can travel several feet and stay suspended in the air for up to 10 minutes.
• These droplets can come into direct contact with other people or can infect those who pick them up by touching infected surfaces and then shift to their face.
• Transmission is of particular concern on transport, where droplets containing the Corona virus could pass between passengers or via surfaces like airplane seats and armrests.
• The incubation period of the Coronavirus, the length of time before symptoms appear, is between one to fourteen (1- 14) days.
• Coronavirus does not transmit from animals or pets; however, it can be transmitted from humans to humans when a close contact is made at a workplace or house.
• It is not yet known how long the virus can survive outside a host but, in other viruses, it ranges from a few hours to months.
• Although not yet confirmed, Chinese health authorities believe the virus can be transmitted before symptoms appear.
Does the virus transmit through animals?
Coronavirus does not transmit from animals or pets; however, it can be transmitted from humans to humans when a close contact is made at a workplace or house.
Does Coronavirus spread by traveling in Plane?
In a plane, many types of viruses can be circulating. Even though major airports are screening passengers for the CoV, you should avoid a person sneezing. Infected people can cough and spread droplets of virus. Spend less time in planes and wear masks to avoid infected mucus or saliva. Avoid close encounters in one row of the plane.
Can Coronavirus spreads by touching door handles?
According to sources, door handles are good example of surfaces that might pose the risk of Coronavirus. Experts recommend washing your hands regularly before touching doors.
Does temperature or climate change spread Coronavirus?
There is a lot to learn about this virus now. The scientists are not yet clear whether seasonal temperature changes will affect its spread.
Can the virus transmit sexually?
The current limited research prove this about its spread through sexual means. Sneezes and coughs are also major transmitters of virus.